As a little girl, I would have picked ice cream over cake any day.
The older I get however, the more I come to accept and love this under appreciated sweet treat.
Perhaps it's Spenser fault?
He loves cake, and it's not unusual to see him baking a cake on Sundays {or any day for that matter} just because he feels like eating one.
I love that he loves cake.
My favorite is walking downstairs late at night to get a drink or something, only to find him bent over the cake stand, snacking.
But even funnier than that is that he doesn't just cut himself a piece. He digs a fork right in to the whole thing.
But don't worry, because he makes sure that the cake is "even" and it looks like he did, in fact, cut a piece of cake out with a knife.
tehehe.
that boy.
So for his sweet tooth's sake, I made him a cake.
I guarantee I'll find him, with his midnight snack, evening out the edges late tonight. :)
So with a little inspiration from my mom,
Voila.
The green cake was formed.
It's Super basic.
It's Super yummy.
It's Super easy to eat the whole cake in one sitting.
Ingredients
1 box of white cake mix
small lime jell-o pkg.
small container of cool whip
Instructions
1. Make cake according to the box instructions, making sure to bake the cake in a 9x13" pan.
2. Once cake is done baking, let it cool to room temperature.
3. Using a bamboo skewer or a fork, poke a LOT of holes all over the cake.
4. Make jell-o according to package directions and instead of putting the liquid jello in the refrigerator, pour the liquid jello over the cake so that if fills into the tiny holes.
5. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Right before serving, slather on a thick layer of cool whip.





0 comments:
Post a Comment