We bought Izen his little high chair Friday. We figured we let him eat with the grown ups at the table now ;)
It's crazy to see EVERY chair at our table filled now.
It's a completing feeling seeing our little family become established and having more tender spirits come into our home. To think... Spenser and I get to raise them. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. We are so far from perfect but we aren't alone. We have help, and thank goodness we do! Being a mom and a dad is real business. It's eternal business.
Our children are our WORLD.
Before you have children you wonder (or at least I did), how in the world can I love any more? My whole heart belongs to my sweetheart. Then you have that sweet baby. Your heart grows. I don't love Spens any less, but somehow I found a huge space of my heart that belongs to Aria, and another huge space for Izen.
This life is so short and if we look to the things of the world to take place in our heart, we'll find over time that our heart actually gets smaller, and the need to fill it becomes unsatisfying. Their is a reason we are supposed to marry our wife or our husband, and then have children. No tv, no vacation, no new wardrobe, or size of a home will ever bring someone the happiness they deserve- the happiness that comes from having and creating a family.
I'm not trying to portray that we are perfect and that we don't want those kinds of things. We do. I am just saying that I am grateful for the gospel that helps remind Spenser and I to step back and look at our children, at each other.
We are so BLESSED to have each other.





0 comments:
Post a Comment