Izen-man had his well being check up this last week. Before we went, we made a quick stop at Porters {ok, being honest it wasn't quick-Porters is never a quick trip}. Well I guess cruising around in the cart was was the ideal moment for this little dude to do his business. Thinking it was a regular stinky diaper, I figured I'd change it at the doctors. One thing was for sure- he was stinky.
So we get to the doctor's office and I ask to use the bathroom to change him. I walk in-- no changing table. Ok... what pediatric office doesn't have a changing table in their bathroom?! Obviously ours.
Whatever.
I laid him on the counter, only to find that his pants were wet. Gross. I removed his pants only to discover a turquoise {yes turquoise} poop on the inside of his pants. It was everywhere. From his back to his socks, and it had an eye watering stench to match it. I seriously could not hold back my gag-reflexes as I took my first "whiff-in" of the infestation Again. gross.
I awkwardly try to change his diaper on a small counter. His hands, arms, toes and legs flying everywhere. We got poop on every body part of that kid. I was tempted to just put him in the sink at this point but figured I'd save the next person who was going to wash their hands, a trip from seeing speckles in the sink. I had a pile of poopy clothes and a naked baby at this point. Great. So, I washed his clothes in the toilet {because honestly, poop was dripping from his outfit}. I was tempted to just throw the whole thing out, but it was one of my favs. So I sucked in my pride and dignity, stuck my hand into a PUBLIC toilet and rinsed little man's clothes. {que the shiver}.
I walked out of the bathroom with a naked Izen and stinky, wet clothes. Spenser was luckily there and took Izen while the receptionist gave me a bag for Izen's clothes. I sat down and tried to wrap my head around what had just happened. Yeah. That was real. I guess the good thing was that he was going to have to take his clothes off anyway for shots.
But little chunk weighed 16.1 lbs and was 26 inches tall. He's a pretty happy baby. Doesn't like to sleep though. He's up every hour in the night. {yes. Spenser and I are fried. Like your momma's morning eggs.} Hu... but we wouldn't trade our little nugget for the world. We love him to bits.
We just have to remember that someday he won't poo in his pants, or spit up down my shirt, or stay up all night. Someday. someday...










leave a reply