1/15/13
A not so fun first
Aria got her first burn Sunday. Aria fell on our space heater. To be quite frank, I don't even know how she did it. One minute she was sitting next to me, the next she was laying on the space heater. One thing is for sure- my heart broke. No mother wants to hear their child scream on the top of their lungs in pain. A split second after it happened, I scooped her up and placed her on my lap and just hugged her. She was screaming, "help mommy, boo-boos! Help mommy, please." It took every ounce of mommy bravery to not burst into tears with her. I was so scared to look down. When I did get my wits, I looked down and to my surprise, there were no burns- nothing. But I knew better than that. I put aloe Vera on where she said it hurt, gave her ibuprofen and put routines of ice packs on her legs and tummy. I set her in my lap and we watched Tinkerbell, while I played with her hair and tickled her face to get her mind off of the pain. After an hour or so, I assessed the burn. Sure enough- grid marks made their appearance on miss Aria's unblemished skin. She was so good about it though. Within a couple hours she was bouncing up and down. (That girl has got such a high pain tolerance-SHEESH.) She knows now, that the space heater is VERY hot and to stay clear of it, and mom now knows that when the space heater is on, I need to watch my children more carefully.




leave a reply