This weekend we headed to Twin Falls for my cousin, Seth's wedding.
While the drive was long {ehem, especially with a grumpy toddler} it was completely worth it. There is nothing more romantic and sweet as watching a couple soooo in love starting their journey together. They were terribly happy.While I didn't get a pic of the two love birds {I have no idea why} I did take a bunch of fun pics of the colors, flower girls, and all of my crazy family in the middle of it.
It was so good to see family, but I wish that they didn't try and pump the little miss with the endless plates of sugar that seemed to show up in front of her face. Aria got fed SOOOO much of that stinking wedding cake, that the poor girl was sick alllll night because of it. In fact she had the "WORST" poopy diaper explosion I have ever seen in my entire life. Right at the wedding, she was soiled from head to toe. Poor Spenser was stuck in the bathroom for 30 minutes trying to clean her up. He almost had to stick her in the sink, but figured, that's probably something you don't do at a reception. So he used a whole thing of diaper wipes, and she still ended up smelling like a smelly diaper all night. Poor Spenser.... and poor Aria. I have never seen her so sick in my life and the night only got worse. Midnight struck and she was so miserable. There in the dark, she would just cry, "mommy, mommy- boo-boo" She'd just hold her tummy, whimper and then fall asleep in my arms. It broke both Spenser's and my hearts. I should have been a better mom at saying no. So for the first time since Aria was a teeny newborn, she got to sleep in between mommy and daddy.
But the weekend wasn't all bad. We went swimming, watched the olympics, carried "meow kitties" around, and celebrated Spenser's Dad's 50th birthday, and his sister, Alexis's 11th birthday.
{yes... that cake is made out of whoppers-- yummy, delicous whoppers}
Happy Birthday you two! :)
We also celebrated Spenser and My 3rd Anniversary.
I can't believe I didn't take more pictures of the day, and I am still kicking myself in the pants because of it, but oh well. We started off the day with a Jamba and then headed to Batman The Dark Night Rises. Wasn't our favorite movie, it was really dark. But you batman fans out there- I'm sure you'd love it. Then we walked around the mall. The photo booth that we took pictures in broke so we didn't get our traditional photo booth pics. We also didn't do dinner. We were going to go to Elevation 486, but timing was off and we ended up walking in during open bar, so we left and had sandwiches at the Dimonds instead. Then... that's when my heart stopped and Spenser calls it the "heart attack" moment. Aria fell off the Dimond's 4 foot granite counter onto the tile, head-first. I felt like the worst parent in the world. My heart hurt so bad to see my girl once again in pain. I thought for sure that we would have to rush her to the ER but to my surprise, she walked away with a very small bruise, not even a goose egg, a concussion- nothing. How grateful I am that she wasn't seriously hurt. So while the day wasn't the best.... and sure we had to listen to Aria on the drive home that night, scream all the way there {just a bit of icing on the cake}, I would say we were considerably blessed. Things could have gone so much worse and they didn't.
It's been the refiners fire for sure. From the car breaking down to the crazy contractions that I swear were going to put me into labor- our blood pressures were elevated and we put in a spot where we had to make some lemonade out of lemons. And boy with those lemons it was some dang good lemonade. I am grateful Spenser has the positive insight and optimism that I so often lack. In fact two things helped to lighten the mood this weekend. One... we saw a camel in a field of goats in Twin Falls. A camel people! Not very common. Spenser and I could not stop laughing. Truly hilarious stuff. Second, our neighbor's rocket that we got stuck on the roof a couple weeks ago ("oh shoot") was sitting in front of our door this morning. We tried so hard to knock it down with bouncy balls and other toys, and it stayed put and actually fell into the rain gutter. We seriously thought that the birds were the only ones that would ever enjoy it after that. But nope! There it was sitting in front of the door as if someone had placed it there. God's little tender mercies. So I guess in conclusion, wrapping up this forever long post, life is hard. REALLY hard. Sometimes you have to smile and pretend like everything is ok, just so you don't fall apart. BUT when you do that, God happens to make up for the rest and puts little things in our lives to make it all worth it. I am thankful I am married to an optimist and someone who puts just a tad more sugar in life to make it that much more sweet. So while our Anniversary wasn't the best... I'd just like to let Spenser know that I love him, and I am SO grateful for him. He's my best friend, my lifeboat, my eternal companion. Here's to the 3 years of adventures we've already had and the million more we have to share throughout the eternities. I love you Squash!


















0 comments:
Post a Comment