our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home izen 22 and Counting!

8/24/12

22 and Counting!

Wednesday was my 22nd birthday. {Oy- when did that happen?} I wasn't too excited about the day.
I was feeling all blue and down in the dumps. 21 flew by WAY too fast and I feel like I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. All my friends were going on extravagant vacations, shopping and traveling the world. I hadn't done anything like that. I was living the housewife/mother role in Rexburg, Idaho.

Don't get me wrong, I would not change the life I have for ANYTHING. My family means the world to me and life truly is blessed. But I just get in these moods where I get discouraged thinking I didn't GO. I didn't do some crazy adventure. So it made me a bit sad {I hope this isn't sounding too selfish of me...} to think that I hadn't traveled more than the I-15 to see my family or spent more than $20 on an outfit
{this is horrible... I sound so worldly} Needless to say, I had a sour attitude.
Spenser is so understanding about it all. He is so patient with me.
Seriously, I have no idea how I managed to get the eternities with him.
I thank Heavenly Father every day for giving him to me.
The greatest blessing I could have EVER been given.

But he went out of his way to make 22 the best birthday I've ever had- despite my rather gloomy attitude.
The morning started off with a flower and a note on the pillow next to me.
Romanitc?
Yes.
I immediately thought of the notebook... perhaps I should run down stairs to find an art canvas and paints waiting for me? tehehe
I sat in bed all squirely-eyed smelling my flower and reading the sweet note.
I kept rubbing my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
Nope.... :)

Then I walked down a balloon filled stairway to our dining room that looked like this


With an old fashioned doughnut awaiting me and an ice cold true moo,
the day was already perfect.
It could have ended there and I would have been happy.
But the day continued on with a visit from my Grandma and Grandpa Coburn and Stacey's boys,
a PERFECT picnic at the nature park,
assembling a car seat and stroller for new little nugget,
dinner at Applebees,
Cake and Ice Cream,
and a spa night courtesy of Spenser.
He rubbed my poor, achey, pregger, swollen piggies,
gave me a face mask,
and drew me a bubble bath.
Now I don't mean to brag-that's not what this is AT all.
I simply want to remember all the sweet things that Spenser did for me.
He went out of his way to make the day special, and it should be noted.
One of the best parts.... Aria didn't throw a single fit.
Now THAT needs to be noted as well.
It was most certainly a great day.
Thanks for the BEST birthday ever hun.

{flowers from my mama and padre}

{On our way to the picnic he had planned}

{notice how he arranged the candles into a heart}

{Got cake?}

{I LOVE Aria's face in the background-such a cheeser}

{wanted this movie for 10 years!}





Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Labels: izen
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

  • bAbY dImOnD and dAdDy!
    January is almost over which means we are one month closer to summer! Thank goodness. This nippy cold weather is just a pain in the kee...
  • First trip to the Movie Theater
    We met up with my parents in Salt Lake and went to see Frozen. It was Aria's first time in a movie theater, but thankfully she did grea...
  • Just a Mother
    There are only a million reasons why I love Chip and Joanna.  Their simple "put God first" mentality, is something I ap...
  • Bear Lake 2015
    My favorite part about summer? Easy. The Coburn Family Reunion. Her dream come true. Her one wish in life, is to be a me...
  • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
    She accidentally dumped a bucket of dirt over her head. How she did that on accident--- I have no clue. Just look at those furry eyebro...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
  • ►  2014 (9)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ▼  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ▼  August (4)
      • 22 and Counting!
      • 38 Weeks!
      • 36 Weeks!
      • A Wedding, Two Birthdays and an Anniversary!
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue