Baby is the size of a Pumpkin
Craving: CHOCOLATE and Strawberry Smoothies
{oh and the occasional sour gummy worms and gushers, I've eaten a couple bags of each!}
{oh and the occasional sour gummy worms and gushers, I've eaten a couple bags of each!}
The Not So Great: Catching the flu and False Labor
The Great: We are full-term! Knowing baby is coming soon.
So last Monday, I'm not sure if it was the flu or what, but I was sick all day. I don't remember ever being that sick! Every time baby moved, I'd get a contraction, and then up would come my cookies. Thankfully, my sweetheart of a neighbor watched Aria for a bit while I laid in fetal position on the couch the for an hour or two. Pathetic, I know. All I have to say is I am so glad it passed. You forget how bad the flu is until you have it. It's one of those things you wouldn't wish, even on your worst enemy.
THEN on Wednesday I went to the doctor. I was dilated to a little over a 4 and 70% effaced. Eeek! Contractions were every 5 minutes and picking up in intensity! I thought for sure I was going into labor. I called my grandma and she came to watch Aria for the night, and at 8pm Spenser and I walked into labor and delivery. I was still dilated to a 4 so when we went in so they sent us walking. After wandering around the hospital for an hour with contractions still 5 minutes apart I was heartbroken when they told me I was still only a 4. We decided to come home. It was a horrible night. We were at the hospital a total of 4 hours with nothing, the walk of "shame" not to mention horrible pain from a nurse who was a little less than gentle when checking my cervix, and contractions that were still coming with intensity.
Spenser held me while I cried, we came home, went to bed, and that was that.
So for the last week, I've been walking around just waiting for little guy to come. Contractions still come 5 minutes apart for hours, get stronger and stronger, and then fade off. Sooner or later little man has to come though. We set an induction day for next Tuesday but hopefully he comes on his own before that :) I know I need to be more patient and this pregnancy has really tried to teach me a lesson or two concerning the matter so I'll try and just let him cook a little longer. It's on Heavenly Father's timetable and ultimately he knows when he needs to come. I just have to trust in his timing....





0 comments:
Post a Comment