our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home aria birth stories eternal perspective Grateful.

6/29/12

Grateful.


You ever have one of those days, when you realize how truly blessed you are? Even with all it's bad days, life overall is miraculously wonderful, and I regretfully forget that sometimes. 
I came across this blog http://www.clutchdlow.blogspot.com/ while checking my e-mail today, and it deepened my love for my sweet Aria girl. I am so grateful to have her here.

Her and I have a fierce bond and it started early on.
 I remember feeling the impression to take a pregnancy test two Aprils ago. I had taken plenty of pregnancy tests before and all had come out negeative, but call it a prompting if you will, but I had the strong impression that I needed to take a pregnancy test nonetheless. I was in the middle of doing dishes, and thought, eh.... I know it's negative. It's just me being paranoid. Again, I got the impression, take a pregnancy test. There was no doubting that I was supposed to take one after that. I ran to the bathroom and Lo and behold it came out positive. It sounds a little silly to say, but from that moment, I KNEW it was a girl. It was almost like Aria was up there in heaven doing the happy dance with me in the bathroom, saying, "I'm coming, I'm coming! Give me nine months and I'm there!" It was an amazing moment.

Then in the moment she was born, I remember her eyes being all closed and squinty, and then they laid her on my tummy facing me, and then her eyes opened at me. Her and I just looked at each other and oh how the world just froze. I was the first thing she saw, and she was the only thing I saw. She didn't cry, just looked at me almost to say, "I'm here mom." That moment sealed our bond and I'll always remember it.

Now 18 months later, she is running around and jibber-jabbering to everyone, discovering the world around her, and making Spenser and I smile all the time. I love her SO much. She is my little bean. We are the best of buds and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father that she came into this world alive and healthy and that I get to be her mommy. I wouldn't trade that for anything. 
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Labels: aria, birth stories, eternal perspective
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

  • bAbY dImOnD and dAdDy!
    January is almost over which means we are one month closer to summer! Thank goodness. This nippy cold weather is just a pain in the kee...
  • First trip to the Movie Theater
    We met up with my parents in Salt Lake and went to see Frozen. It was Aria's first time in a movie theater, but thankfully she did grea...
  • Just a Mother
    There are only a million reasons why I love Chip and Joanna.  Their simple "put God first" mentality, is something I ap...
  • Bear Lake 2015
    My favorite part about summer? Easy. The Coburn Family Reunion. Her dream come true. Her one wish in life, is to be a me...
  • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
    She accidentally dumped a bucket of dirt over her head. How she did that on accident--- I have no clue. Just look at those furry eyebro...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
  • ►  2014 (9)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ▼  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ▼  June (14)
      • Grateful.
      • 18 months!
      • Happy Father's Day
      • Face Mask date! Before and After.
      • Bear Lake!
      • 30 Weeks!
      • Terrible Twos
      • 28 Weeks!
      • Please?
      • Pancakes for Dinner
      • Pie
      • Babies
      • National Doughnut Day! Can I get a Woop Woop!
      • Pose away girly
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue