There are tons of posts and articles on why you shouldn't potty train your child too early and why you shouldn't take your child out of a crib before they are two. I mean there really are a million opinions out there. This morning, I made mine. Spenser went to go get Aria out of her crib, and he says, Uh... hey hun, you need to see this. What did I find? A NASTY poopy diaper sitting in FRONT of Aria's crib. Poop on the walls, on the crib, on her stuffed giraffe and teddy bear, on her blankets, and her hands and face. There my little 17 month old is, just jumping up and down all nakey with a caked on piece of... well... you know... stuck to her behind, and her diaper on the floor in front of her crib. Try and picture that if you will. It was quite the sight to behold. We went that very next hour and bought her a toilet seat cushion. It's officially potty training time. I don't know if Spenser or my nose can take one more of this mornings battle fields. Sheeeeesh. Aria girl, you are giving mom and dad a run for their money.
Also, we graduated Aria out of her crib today, and onto a twin mattress on the floor. We went and picked her out some cute flower sheets and put her (thoroughly cleaned) stuffed giraffe and teddy bear on her pillow. It's HER bed and she knows it. While I wiped her crib down and put baby boy's stuff together, she sat on her bed and red stories to her teddy- it was so sweet. Then tonight, when I went to lay her down, she went right to sleep! Eureka! I was expecting to go through weeks of sleepless nights laying next to her to get her to fall asleep on her "big girl bed". Heavenly Father is definitely blessing us here and helping her adjust. I still can't believe it. I went to go check on her just now and she's all cuddled next to teddy asleep ON her bed. Presh.
So today we had ups... we had downs, but overall it was good. Really good--well except for this morning, but we just have to laugh it out. It's like the apostle Richard G. Scott said this last conference, "a good sense of humor is an escape valve for the pressures of life," and boy is that true :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment