You ever have one of those days when you want to lock yourself in the bathroom, turn the fan and the water on, and sing at top of your lungs so you don't have to hear your screaming child? Yeah... today was one of those kinds of days.
NOTHING I did helped the wee tot to calm down. She has started throwing major temper tantrums lately, and when I say major, I mean end-of-the-world-temper tantrums. She thinks she can have everything she wants when she says, please. It's nice that she says please, don't get me wrong. But she can't have EVERYTHING she wants right? So when we don't give it to her- she cries, screams, kicks, and throws everything and anything. Today it was the clothes out of her dresser, the ham from her dinner, the shoes in the entry way and the books out of the bookcase. Hu.... today just needs to wrap up and end I think. Luckily I laid her down early so it's finally quiet. It's so hard being a mom on days like today.
I think the hardest part of it all, is missing Spenser. On top of a mood-swingy toddler, Spenser has been gone more than usual. He works from noon to 9 just about every day. It sounds nice having the morning together, but it's really rough on our little family, and the 4 hours we are up, fly by too quickly with errands and to-do lists.
Most nights it's Aria and I eating dinner alone, Spenser's meal wrapped in tin foil in the oven. It's so tough on all of us-- especially Spenser. With school being out, we'd figured we would get more time together and it's the complete opposite. It's hard on the little miss I think. She goes around all day saying, daddy? daddy? Knocking on all the doors to see if he's in there and pointing to his pictures around the house.
Then when Spenser does get home, he misses Aria so much that he wants to go wake her up and kiss her cheeks but knows that if he does, she will be a very grumpy little girl the next day. They miss each other.
So a busy-bee Spenser and a tantrum toddler, plus not sleeping {thank you pregnancy for making my back a night time mistake} has made me a bit more emotional lately, which makes Spenser on edge, and Aria emotional too. Thus the vicious cycle continues. So with all this venting, comes a couple goals to fix the situation. Let's keep our fingers crossed they work.
1. Spenser and I need date night EVERY week
2. Spenser and I both need to attend the temple at least 2 times a month
3. We need to just stop.
{The world is SO busy and so many things are going on. We need to sit, relax and take in the moment- just the three of us.}
4. We need to laugh more.
Hopefully implementing these four goals can help make for a happier mommy, daddy and baby.






0 comments:
Post a Comment