our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home aria family happiness the Mr. and I Happy Day!

4/7/12

Happy Day!

Yesterday was graduation! 
{Can I get a woop woop}
My favorite father-in-law, Kira, Alexis (Spenser's sisters) and my dear old Brianne-ee came to support me. Let me just say, thank you guys.. So much.
It means more than you'll ever know that you came.



It was definitely an emotional day
{thank you baby in my tum-tum for making me so teary-eyed}
It was bitter-sweet to be graduating
and it wasn't until I was standing there in my cap and gown in the auditorium waiting for the procession to start that it hit me. Up to this point, school has been something I just wanted to get done. I never understood when people would say, ah you'll miss it. 
Pshhhhh. Yea. Right. Well, they were right! I know it's only been a day since I graudated, but it's like a piece of me is missing. For the last 4 years I've been here and made some of my best memories of my life. And my favorite one was yesterday...
As the graduates were escorted down to the I-center's auditorium, the teachers were standing in two lines on each side of us, in their graduation robes, clapping. Just smiling and clapping. The love that I felt from these teachers was overwhelming. I got a bit choked up realizing that these men and women have sacrificed their lives in benefit of ours- for mine.
Here I was thinking I was graduating with a measly Associates degree in General Studies- it was small, no big accomplishment. But to see my teachers there cheering me on, felt good. The spirit of Ricks is definitely real. But more importantly the spirit of our Heavenly Father is here on this campus. I've been praying for weeks to feel peace and to know that graduating with this degree was a good thing. To know that my hard work would pay off and that somebody was proud of me. Yesterday, Heavenly Father answered that prayer.


If I've learned anything from BYU-I it's that we are never alone and that 
prayer is real- there is someone listening. 
Family is most important and should be treasured above all other things of the world. 
The plan of Salvation is real and we are here for a purpose- a real purpose.
The fight against good and evil is not a story book tale and we need to take our positions now.
And so much more...


I guess all in all I will miss BYU-I.
 It's been years of fond memories and my all time most favorite- meeting Spenser. If anything, I KNOW I was sent here so we could find each other. He is my world, my rock, my everything. It's because of him that I am who I am. He is the one who pushed me to graduate, held me in his arms when I cried because I had to unpick a shirt for the third time from my sewing class, spent hours helping me memorize the bones, muscles and organs for Anat. and Phys., high fived me when I got B's on my tests, listened when I had to have a discussion outside of class for online discussion boards, held my hand to help me find my classes at the beginning of the semester, stomached my recipes for my cooking class and then complimented me on how good they taste (I know that tuna casserole was nasty-nast, sorry hun), tucked me in when I fell asleep studying, drove me to and from classes, and in the end, he was the one hugging me at the bottom of the stairs right after I graduated telling me he's proud of me and that I did it. WE did it :)
If anything BYU-I gave me him.
That's better than any kind of education I could have asked for.
 I love you Sweetheart.  forever.  


But oh goodness gracious, I can't believe I'm done. It feels sooooo good to know that I can dedicate my everything to being full-time mommy and wife. I can't wait to spend all day outside and cuddle with Spenser on the couch and watch hours of Community, go on picnics, and play crafts with the wee tot. Hu... definitely a huge sigh of relief.



Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Labels: aria, family, happiness, the Mr. and I
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

1 comments:

  1. Shanae and AndrewApril 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM

    Michaela you are such an amazing person! I could never have a hubby, little one, and be pregnant and do what you did. I'm so glad you are done too and we can compare crafts, toddler activities, and talk about our stay-at-home-mom lives over Skype. Wish we could have been there, but I just wanted to say we are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
Add comment
Load more...

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

  • bAbY dImOnD and dAdDy!
    January is almost over which means we are one month closer to summer! Thank goodness. This nippy cold weather is just a pain in the kee...
  • First trip to the Movie Theater
    We met up with my parents in Salt Lake and went to see Frozen. It was Aria's first time in a movie theater, but thankfully she did grea...
  • Just a Mother
    There are only a million reasons why I love Chip and Joanna.  Their simple "put God first" mentality, is something I ap...
  • Bear Lake 2015
    My favorite part about summer? Easy. The Coburn Family Reunion. Her dream come true. Her one wish in life, is to be a me...
  • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
    She accidentally dumped a bucket of dirt over her head. How she did that on accident--- I have no clue. Just look at those furry eyebro...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
  • ►  2014 (9)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ▼  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ▼  April (10)
      • Another First- Popcicles!
      • Watermelon Days
      • Moapa Pictures
      • Ducks
      • It's a.....
      • 20 Weeks!
      • Strawberries nom nom nom.
      • Easter
      • Happy Day!
      • 18 Weeks!
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue