We spent the first part of the morning at a urology office for the little miss. Has anyone else potty trained for 3 years?? We have. Hu... so we are here. Hopefully to get answers.
Urology offices aren't kid friendly....
They have pictures and diagrams that even a grown woman might blush at. As luck would have it, Aria (the inquisitive child, that she is) noticed them. She kept asking me if it was playdough... and if she could touch it.
Weird.
Ummmm.... sure goose. It's play dough....
We waited for an hour for the doctor to come in. No magazines, no books. Just some stale cheerios, and one toy car that I had stashed in my satchel
(more on my amazing Target satchel later).
(more on my amazing Target satchel later).
I was at my wits end, after Izen laid down on the floor and basically licked up a cheerio that the nurse had stepped on.
(shutter)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have officially found our favorite little shop in Twin Falls. We've passed by it a dozen of times, on our way to The Burnt Lemon Grill- one of our go-to lunch spots. If I was ever going to rob a place, it would have been the Burnt Lemon Grill. That place has AMAZING tater tots. Like slap yo momma, good. Just kidding, don't slap your mom.
Hug her.
Then, go and get her a crazy large cup of tater tots.
But today, we are talking about Daisys. It's literally right across the street.
It's my new robbing place ;)
It's the cutest little old fashioned sweet shoppe, and they had all of your classic penny candy. They have a soda bar, and cases of homemade chocolates and caramels. Your server, a little old man, who I'm sure named this little place after his sweetheart. I honestly felt like I been time warped to the war era.
Their menu is simple.
Sandwiches, Soup, and Salad. Potato chips and a pickle are the adult sides, and the kids get raisins! At the bottom of their raisin container, there is a little gummy frog
(ummmm... that's cute).
Sandwiches, Soup, and Salad. Potato chips and a pickle are the adult sides, and the kids get raisins! At the bottom of their raisin container, there is a little gummy frog
(ummmm... that's cute).
The Volcano sodas stole the show though.
Those gummy frogs didn't stand a chance when they brought out these fizzy drinks!
They have old fashioned banana splits too, ya know, the ones with Neapolitan ice cream, pineapple chunks and cashews.
Classic.
Spenser has never had a banana split with Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla Ice cream. Crazy, right?? The only way to do a banana split, is to split your flavors up.
He claims I am an old person trapped in a youthful body
(HA).
I love Neapolitan!! You know Coconut Candy Bars? They are my favorite. Kids be hatin' on those, and at Halloween time, I can't help but feel sorry for the kids who threw those classic candies away. They all be munchin on their nasty Palmers, fake chocolate crap.
They missed out.
P.S. I always dug the Coconut Bars out of the trash, at Halloween.
Don't judge.
Anyways,
I saved the classic banana split for a steamy hot date that Spens and I will probably have... like tomorrow.
I can't wait.
Today, I went with a brownie Sundae.
Their homemade caramel- swoon!
I could literally bathe in it.
I had full intentions of sharing with the kids....
... it never happened.






0 comments:
Post a Comment