So.... we are going to play a little game. Okee Dokee?
It's called catch up.
I was bloginiscing (ya know... reminiscing about the blogging days) and I realized that since we left Rexburg, I have been MIA. Yeah, there are like 5 blog posts in the whole year of 2014.
Hello, REAL new start.
Like, new start.
None of this, I really am going to start, and then nothing come of it. This is happening. [serious face]. Besides it's therapeutic, and a whole lot friendlier than Facebook and Instagram (in my opinion). I have a soft spot for the blogging world. If I had to pick one "technology" form of staying connected to people, it would be through blogs.
............... ............... ............... ............... ............... ...............
Back in December [gasp] my handsome man turned 28! I still look at him as the 21 year old I fell in love with back in 2008. He has the cute butt to prove it. But DON'T be lookin'. He's mine.
He has accomplished SO much, and 2014 was so good to him. There were some bumps, but HE did much.
Let's recap:
January though March- survived working nights! That gig is hard. Night working is not for the faint of heart, which is evidence to me, that I married a fierce man, capable of doing difficult things. Not only did he kick butt at working the most stupid shift in the world, but he managed to keep his upbeat personality and optimism in tact. THAT my friends, takes courage and a whole lot of self discipline. For reals though.
April through May- hunted for homes. If there was ever a more stressful situation than having a baby, it would be house hunting. There were contracts that fell through, builders who 'conveniently' went out of business, late nights drawing up BOAT LOADS of floor plans, and many tears [all from my end, folks. Men don't cry, remember?] we learned a lot.
June- Bought our first house! Filer, Idaho is the cutest little town you will ever see. He was blessed with inspiration and he followed promptings that led us to here. He never doubts a prompting. One of the MANY things I love about him. He seriously stuck to his guns. Spenser is so cautious and prayerful in his decisions. I am grateful he had the insight he did. [separate post on that adventure, later].
July- Made a trip back to his mission for our 5 year anniversary. Santo Domingo was beautiful! Spenser has a mind like an elephant [and a giant sized heart to match it], so we were blessed to rent a car, and explore his old areas. We even got to visit one of the people he taught. [separate post on that adventure, later].
August- Remodeled our home. We gutted this place. Floors, walls, doors, EVERYTHING. He put insane hours into putting our wood floors in, tile in the laundry room and bathrooms, new paint on every. single. wall [except for the hall bathroom-we've got fun plans for that bad boy, later]. He replaced baseboards, doors, and managed to keep his sanity through it all. This was a HARD month, but he did it. P.S. Nothing is more attractive than watching your man do manly sorts of things.
September- He started his last rotation of his Management Training Position at Glanbia. He has been working away since August of 2013. This would be his last rotation, and then he can settle down with his permanent job position.
October- He dressed up as a sexy cowboy for Halloween. You know... the inflatable bull riding costume? He even wore a mustache. Yeehawwww
November- He grew his first thick beard. Oh, how beastly it was! No shave November did wonders to that man. In a good way. Check this out! >>>>>>>>>>
December- In honor of his scruffy facial hair, we threw him a mustache themed birthday.
[Mustaches are all the rage, don't ya know??]
28 years of his remarkable life this far, were celebrated! I look back at all he has accomplished in this one year, and I am awe struck. Then I look back at the 28 years of is life, and I am in even more awe. He has taken mortality, and the challenges that come with it, and let it refine him, define him, and has come away one heck of a man.
If you need a friend- he is a fiercely loyal one.
If you need someone to talk to- he's one of the world's best listeners.
If you need somebody to depend on- he's there. always.
If you need a hard worker- you bet your bottom dollar, he will make the time count.
If you need somebody to defend you- he'll courageously do just that.
If you need a smile on your face- give him 2 seconds and he'll warm your heart.
If you need a handy man- he'll roll up his sleeves and go right to work.
If you need a favor- he does drop everything, and attends to the matter.
If you need someone to hang out with- there is no better company.
If you need a valiant warrior to fight for good- he is already armed.
28 years of experience and faith has made him the bravest in the ranks.
28 years has made him into the remarkable soul he has become.
Spenser,
I love you!
Thanks for all you are, and everything you stand for.










0 comments:
Post a Comment