Can you guess what today was?
You guessed it!
Aria's first day of school!
At the beginning of spring, we heard about the toddler lab on campus through our friends {the Mousley's} and thought- holy moly batman, we NEED to get Aria into this program. Since we were too late getting her into the spring semester, we thought, it would be perfect to get her into the fall semester. With Izen being born, and the weather getting all mucky, it'd be perfect for her to get her wiggles out, interact with other children {who otherwise might be cooped up because of snow or whatnot} but most importantly, so she could have something that was HERS. Not moms, not dads, not brothers, but her very own. And with a lot of prayers and some help from Bonnie- she got in! What a huge blessing!
So today, she started her first day. She was super excited but mom- not so much. I was so torn up inside. I was excited she was going, but part of me {the selfish part} wanted to keep her home. She's been my pal and has always been home with me during the days. I love watching movies, reading stories, eating "nacks" and playing babies together. It makes me so sad to see her grow up... I want to keep her little forever. I know you are all thinking, puh-lease, she's only gone 4 hours a week! Call me a baby, whatever. 4 hours is a long time for my best buddy to be gone. But nonetheless, we are all excited for the little miss to be going to school and making her noggin grow.
Her goals this semester are to learn her colors and to use her "T's" at the beginning of words instead of her "F's". You can only imagine how shocked and mortified we were when she said the word truck a couple weeks back {however, we had to laugh- her innocence is sweet}.
So here's to you pumpingkin- Good Luck! Learn those t's from their f's, find all the colors of the rainbow, make friends, and share. I hope you have a blast! I Love you.





0 comments:
Post a Comment