our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home aria eternal perspective happiness Spenser Ladybugs and Sunshine

3/25/12

Ladybugs and Sunshine

Let me just say that today was B-eautiful. Aria, Spenser and I decided to put out a little blanket in the  back yard and spend a little bit outside. Aria loved getting out of the house and crawling all over the yard. And no, she's not quite walking. Almost there though. We walk with her all the time while she holds on to our hands. I think she knows she can get where she needs to go quicker by crawling though, so she opts out of walking. Silly goose. But anyways back to being outside. Spenser and I were talking when we noticed Aria was looking very intently at the ground. She was watching a ladybug. When the ladybug started to crawl towards her, she freaked out and came crawling to us- pretty quick might I add (leave it to my daughter to be a complete girly-girl. Scared of bugs). We picked up the ladybug and put it in her hands and she just watched it, ever so closely. The way she was looking at it, I thought for sure she'd eat it. Don't worry though- the ladybug made it back to the grass with all it's feelers and such. Aria got bored, dropped the ladybug and off she went. She seriously has the shortest tension span of any baby I know... I thought her little encounter of the ladybug was sweet though.
The very first day after I brought Aria home from the hospital after she was born, we were laying in the sunshine on the bed, when I noticed a ladybug crawling across her arm. This was super rare since it was the dead of winter and bugs are unheard of. It had been a rough first night home, Spenser was back at work, and I was on my own to take care of a baby. Baby blues had set in, and I was feeling less than adequate to care for a tiny baby. But then I remembered my grandma telling me that ladybugs are a sign of good luck. I found a little bit of happiness in that tiny ladybug. I figured it was Heavenly Father's way of letting me know he wouldn't let me do this alone, and that he was there with me. So since then, ladybugs have kind of been a little special to our family. It was a sweet moment to be again reminded of that first day I brought Aria home and the tender mercies a loving Father in Heaven showed me that day.
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Labels: aria, eternal perspective, happiness, Spenser
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
  • ►  2014 (9)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ▼  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ▼  March (6)
      • Most Embarrassing Moment... You're not Brianne...
      • Oh poop.
      • Ladybugs and Sunshine
      • 15 Weeks!
      • Heartbeat
      • Little Moments
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue