our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home Uncategories Of Rockchucks and Regrets

7/29/15

Of Rockchucks and Regrets

Do you know what a rock chuck is?
If not... it's okay.
It's kind of an Idaho thing... I think.

They are cute fat marmaots. They have no necks and arms the size of Mike and Ikes, but they eat EVERYTHING!!

For weeks now, we have had two FAT rock chucks hiding out under our shed porches. They created a giant underground networks of sneaky demise. Our happily nesting chickens were never bothered. Our foundations stayed strong, but our garden.... our 1st sweet garden... (insert a tear).

The first week, I noticed the sweet peas were gone.
The second week it was our raspberries.
The third week all 7 of our melons and cantaloupe plants- GONE.
Then this week it was a few of our pickling cucumber plants.
This is where you will insert furry and rage.

These marmots had gone too far, and in my hasty rage, while they were munching away on our grass, I ran out the back porch, screaming, chasing them with one of our kitchen knives. It really was as scary as it sounds.

Monday night for FHE (family home evening), our little family spent the night at the Lamoreaux's (more on them later). We shot guns, and had blondies and vanilla ice cream. It was basically a perfect evening.
On our way home, they sent us with one of there 22's.
So this was gonna be it.

Rock chucks vs. Dimonds

The next morning, I had been praying that Spenser had gotten a hold of the varmints first. I looked out our cute little window above our kitchen sink, and to my horror, BOTH of them were munching on my greenery. Without much thought, I loaded the gun, I aimed, I shot. 
I won! 
For like 5 seconds, I conquered. Then I realized what I had done. I killed an animal!! I began screaming and crying, and then my kids walked in on it and were screaming and crying. It was quite dramatic. 

I swiftly covered eyes, and grabbed hands, and ran to the most far corner of our home, and after an hour of bored shorts, I think our minds were calmed down a bit. Swimming lessons, and then a few slices of pizza helped too.
One problem... I still have one rock chuck left.
I walked to the back porch and there it was. Chowing down.
 Shaking I took the gun, and I stood there for 10 minutes, with the gun aimed, and target locked in my view, but my heart couldn't pull the trigger. 

I'm might be a pansy, and I may need more guts. But for now... I'm okay with that.
I'll just stick to replanting my garden and pulling weeds.
Spenser can get the dumb rock chuck.
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

  • bAbY dImOnD and dAdDy!
    January is almost over which means we are one month closer to summer! Thank goodness. This nippy cold weather is just a pain in the kee...
  • First trip to the Movie Theater
    We met up with my parents in Salt Lake and went to see Frozen. It was Aria's first time in a movie theater, but thankfully she did grea...
  • Just a Mother
    There are only a million reasons why I love Chip and Joanna.  Their simple "put God first" mentality, is something I ap...
  • Bear Lake 2015
    My favorite part about summer? Easy. The Coburn Family Reunion. Her dream come true. Her one wish in life, is to be a me...
  • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
    She accidentally dumped a bucket of dirt over her head. How she did that on accident--- I have no clue. Just look at those furry eyebro...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ▼  2015 (12)
    • ▼  July (7)
      • Of Rockchucks and Regrets
      • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
      • Bear Lake 2015
      • Vintage Barbies and Knives
      • The 4th of July... and the little things
      • Kerfuffles and Perfect Quirky Marriages
      • Happy Snapshot
    • ►  June (5)
  • ►  2014 (9)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue