our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home family izen Our Sweet Boy's Blessing Day

11/7/12

Our Sweet Boy's Blessing Day

Sunday was Izen's blessing.
What. A. Wonderful. Day!
Izen woke up so happy and Aria did too.
Two happy kids is forecast for a pretty good day.
There was family, and a yummy soup bar with rolls and goodies galore.
But more than anything, it was an indescribably feeling seeing my husband, my sweet eternal companion-bless our baby boy.
It brings me SUCH comfort to know that Spenser is a worthy priesthood holder and that he can provide priesthood blessings for our family, because honestly in this crazy world, I think we NEED them.
Heavenly Father does not expect us to do "life" without any divine help.
I am grateful to him for blessing us with the priesthood power.
I am grateful for the priesthood.
I am grateful for my husband who honors and holds it.
I am grateful for my son.
He has such a strong spirit and it honors me to know that one day he will hold the responsibility of holding the priesthood worthily and blessing his sweet family with it as well.

Now back to the blessing...
I can't believe we didn't end up with one family photo!? 
{gah- still kicking myself in the butt}
Would anyone judge me if we all dressed up again and had someone take our picture?
I guess with all the hub-bub of the day I didn't really think about it.
I even had a few people offer to take pictures, but I was so distracted with the idea that everyone needed to be relaxed and happy that I didn't put two and two together. We still don't have an official family picture.
Mental note- get one soon!

But the day was wonderful.
Thank you to everyone who brought rolls, soups, drinks, treats and for everyone that came!
It was fun to visit on Izen's special day.

{getting squeaky clean!} 

 {I love little miss Aria SOOOO stinking much. I kept having flashbacks to the day we blessed Aria. I can't believe she is almost 2 now!}

 {My other half}

 {May-Mee or translation would be Emily. Aria loves this girl- and so do I}

{Meee-Maw and the little miss. Aria was attached at the hip the whole time she was here} 



I love this little guy.
I know I say it all the time, but I feel such a strong bond with him.
I love to just hold him and look at him.
I love to imagine what he was doing in the spirit world only a few months ago.
I wonder what he is still able to see on the other side.
I enjoy playing with him and stretching his little arms out wide and seeing him grin.
I like to kiss his chubby cheeks and stare into his eyes.
I love wrapping him tight, holding him to my heart and watching him doze off to sleep.
I could spend all day looking at him observe the world around him.
But more than anything, I love to just love him.
And like I said earlier, he has a very strong spirit. 
I can feel it.
Even when I was pregnant, I knew he was special.
He's taught me so much already, and I owe him all that I am for it.
I am so glad he choose to come to our little family.
I love him fiercely, and he'll forever be my little Izen-bud.
{Sorry for getting all mushy gushy... actually scratch that. I am not sorry. 
I think its good to turn into goo around your children and to expose your soft side.}


{The two most important boys in my life.}

 Spenser and Ryan Goslin.. Eheeem, I mean Josh :)

Bonnie and the little miss Emily-Ann.

The Dimonds eating some soup. It'sssss daaa beeest {read in a Nacho voice}

{sleeping away} 

 {This lady is remarkable. My grandmother and one of my very best friends.}

{The baby whisperer, AKA- my dad}


{Ellie Larsen and her CHOCOLATE face. Oh gosh- this was just too cute}

Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Labels: family, izen
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

  • bAbY dImOnD and dAdDy!
    January is almost over which means we are one month closer to summer! Thank goodness. This nippy cold weather is just a pain in the kee...
  • First trip to the Movie Theater
    We met up with my parents in Salt Lake and went to see Frozen. It was Aria's first time in a movie theater, but thankfully she did grea...
  • Just a Mother
    There are only a million reasons why I love Chip and Joanna.  Their simple "put God first" mentality, is something I ap...
  • Bear Lake 2015
    My favorite part about summer? Easy. The Coburn Family Reunion. Her dream come true. Her one wish in life, is to be a me...
  • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
    She accidentally dumped a bucket of dirt over her head. How she did that on accident--- I have no clue. Just look at those furry eyebro...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
  • ►  2014 (9)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ▼  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ▼  November (6)
      • The Bathroom is now a Swimming Pool
      • Sew Cool!
      • SuperMan!
      • Pucker Up Baby!
      • Our Sweet Boy's Blessing Day
      • Halloween
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue