Project #1 Letter for Aria's bedroom
Oh good golly! What in the world would we do without Andrew and Shanae Pope! To give ya a little background, Andrew and Spenser worked together last fall at Ace Hardware and soon began to be friends. They decided their wifes should meet. So we met and lo and behold- friends at first sight haha.We have gone through dinners, moves, pregnancies, late night Denny's and Jamba runs together, and our husbands new favorite, brainstorming inventions to change the world :) all this and more pretty much seals our friendship.
But ANYWHO, about the project, their little girl's name is Emmy and of course we have Aria, so Shanae bought these letters at a craft store and the night before their little Emmy was born, we worked on them. With her little crafty brain and my abundance of ribbon, we made quite the duo :) Check out the finished product!
Project #2 Seasonal Blocks
I missed the last relief society activity, but thankfully we have a wonderful presidency who saved some supplies for those who could not make it. All you need is.....
1.) 4- 6in. blocks; 8- 5 in. blocks; 12- 4 in. blocks
2.) Sandpaper
3.) Scrapbook paper
4.) Mod podge and brush
5.) Ribbon, decorative jems, ect.
| My manly man cut out my blocks, so TECHNICALLY he helped with this craft ;) |
Project #3 Strawberry Jam!
Now THIS was a project. My mother-in-law last year taught me how to make homemade Jam and it was by far the best jam I have ever had. Unfortunately, I think I suffer from short term memory loss, and I forgot how to do it. So by trial and error, I kind of figured it out. I went through an ample amount of pots, ended up with an inch of water under my stove range, and got jam on cupboards, in the sink, on the dishwasher, the floor, and even on Aria. And while it took me an hour to clean the mess, the jam was worth it :)
| mashin up the strawberries. I didn't have a potato masher, so I put a cup in the blender at a time and "pulsed" it 5 times. |
| added the pectin and sugar and put them in the jars. I should have used a laddle... it wouldn't have made such a mess. |
| processing the little guys in their hot water bath |
| Now my jam separated (frowny face) but I just shook the jar after the lids had sealed and it blended together just fine. |




0 comments:
Post a Comment