our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home Uncategories Missing my Mary Mode

9/11/14

Missing my Mary Mode


The older I get, the more the word "cancer" seems to creep up into everyday conversation. "Welcome to adulthood" is what a lot of people say (I hate that phrase, by the way-. It shows lack of compassion, and self-pity). Part of me wishes that I could go back to being 8, jumping on the trampoline, eating otter pops and worrying about finishing my homework and doing the dishes.

Life was simple. 
It also lacked depth.

Because I am, where I am now, I love a little deeper, and care a bit more. Experience has made me that way. There brings great joy in sharing life with others. However, when storm clouds come in the form of fights, loss, and death- it's hard to not wish you could close up into your shell, and be alone. Cancer has taken the lives of 4 people I care about, soon to be 5, this year. Every cancer different, every fight- lost. It stinks. There isn't a day that goes by that I think of my Mary Mode and just miss her. It makes me sad, and oh, how I want to climb in my shell. 
I'll see her again, and my great grandma, and my friends. It will feel like a long time, but it's really not. I find a little comfort in knowing that they don't hurt anymore. That they are freed from a body with disabilities. Heavenly Father needs them for some great purpose, which I imagine is a glorious and essential.

So, while I miss them terribly, and wish that I could go back to the care-free days, I'm glad I've gotten to know and appreciate the lives of those I've known.

And I know, I 'll see them again. Some day.







Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

  • bAbY dImOnD and dAdDy!
    January is almost over which means we are one month closer to summer! Thank goodness. This nippy cold weather is just a pain in the kee...
  • First trip to the Movie Theater
    We met up with my parents in Salt Lake and went to see Frozen. It was Aria's first time in a movie theater, but thankfully she did grea...
  • Just a Mother
    There are only a million reasons why I love Chip and Joanna.  Their simple "put God first" mentality, is something I ap...
  • Bear Lake 2015
    My favorite part about summer? Easy. The Coburn Family Reunion. Her dream come true. Her one wish in life, is to be a me...
  • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
    She accidentally dumped a bucket of dirt over her head. How she did that on accident--- I have no clue. Just look at those furry eyebro...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
  • ▼  2014 (9)
    • ▼  September (2)
      • Missing my Mary Mode
      • We live in Filer.
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue