Saturday we went out to lunch. Rolbertos was the name. Spenser has been talking about it for weeks. His first experience there was on the job, with his co-worker, at 3 a.m. (he was working nights- more on that later). It's definitely not a fancy, pinky-up kind of place. On the contrary! With 70's pink leather seats that sink down deep into the springs when you sit, and a couple of puncture holes where someone's knife must have attacked a seat- stand proud. The paintings are missing pieces of canvas, and watch your step when you walk in. The floor is far from even. My favorite depiction of this place was the way Spenser describe the bathroom. "3 am, and I go to use their bathroom. Carpeted walls. Ok... that's odd. I do my business, look up. The word "Satan" was spray painted on the ceiling. I thought to myself where. in. the. world. am. I."
For weeks, Spenser has been begging to take me there. Saturday I consented. Sure enough, those yummy 70's booths, and carpeted walls were all there. But let me tell you one thing- they had the best Mexican food I have EVER had. I'm talking 'the' best. Sure the atmosphere was... sketchy, but the service was wonderful, the homemade tortillas were DELICOUS, and the fried ice cream could make your toes sing. 5 stars... for food.When you see an 80 year old women ordering everything off the menu in the drive-thru, you know it's good. Oh... you have a craving at 2 a.m.? Don't worry, they are open 24/7 too.
Highlights:
- When Aria decided to taker her coat, shoes and socks off. She was completely making herself at home, in the wrong place. Eww. Eww. Eww.
- Izen only drinking Sprite. He didn't want burritos, tortillas, or ice cream. Just a giant thing of pop. We probablly rotted his teeth, oh well.
- Aria had to use the ladies room, so we {dreadfully} decided to use it. We walked in and Aria proceeded to pet the carpet walls. Again, Eww. Eww. Eww.




0 comments:
Post a Comment