Three. When did that happen? Right? I say it every year, where did the time go? She has really grown up the last few months. I really love this age, and I think she does too. The conversations we can have are so enriching and all the while comical. She has the most fascinating little thoughts. Spenser and I just shake our heads and laugh at the things she comes up with. In fact, she started a new one...
At night, before bed, right before we close the door, she'll say,
"Wait!"
So we wait.
She'll proceed to tell us, "Something is happening".
We'll ask, "What is happening?"
She'll then come up with the silliest of things,
"There is a tail on my bed"
"There are spiders on the ceiling"
"I don't know"
"Frogs are coming in our house"
The list pretty much goes on, and it's all a tactic to stall going to sleep. We explain that tigers belong to animals, and we don't have any animals, so there aren't any tails on the bed. Daddy sprayed for spiders, our house is safe, and the front door is shut, the frogs can't come in. You would think she was living the story of Moses, with all the plagues. Just an imagination I suppose.
She has also started an adorable little thing, that I hope continues throughout her life. She'll randomly look at me and say, "Mommy, I love you." Melts me. Every time. It's in those same days she'll sing "Have I Done Any Good in the World Today." Tender.
She has also started calling me "Mudder" (Mother). She has been watching too many Disney movies.
I asked her what her favorite food was and she replied with, "Ummmm... maybe French Toast, pancakes, eggs and toast, Raisin Bran (that girl LOVES Raisin Bran), Oatmeal, and Olives." I guess we narrowed down her favorite meal of the day, and just to clarify, we don't eat olives for breakfast :)
Her favorite toys are barbie dolls, her little princesses that can go in the castle, and a little magnetic Belle dress up doll that we got from Porter's Craft store, back in the day.
She says, "Izen is my best friend." They play together all day. They do fight a lot, but it usually ends in hugs and I love yous. Pals for life.
She is in Primary at church, and we are still adjusting a bit. We were sick for a while, and missed the first couple weeks of church. She loves her teachers though, and that helps.
She has glasses still, in fact she had to add bifocals. She's blinder than a bat! She'll be in glasses pretty much her whole life. But her and I have fun looking at frames. Maybe when she is in 1st grade we'll try contacts.
Her favorite thing to do is read books, especially Dr.Seuss and Junnie B. Jones. The best part of my day, is going to get her in the morning, and there she is with a huge stack of books on her bed, reading to her stuffed kitty. I love that she loves to read. I hope she carries a love of books with her, all her life. She's so smart!
She asks Spenser, "How was Glambia today? Was it good?". She proud that she knows where he works. It took a while for her to change her mind about where his job is. Every now and then Spenser will wear his Ace shirts under his uniform, and it confuses the bajeebers out of her. Either way, whenever she hears the garage door open, she RUNS to the back door and hugs Spenser's leg. She loves her daddy more than he'll ever know.
She is my right hand lady. She helps me in my church calling (Activity Day Leader) and she loves those girls so much. She calls them, "my girls". She helps me bake and cook, do the dishes, vacuum, and laundry. She loves putting my hair in pony-tails, and sharing cupcakes with mom. She is the sweetest little girl and I am so proud to be her mommy, or "mudder" in this case. She is sweet and kind, and has a heart that will take her places.
I love you GOOSE!






0 comments:
Post a Comment