our Dimond life

Navigation Menu

  • Welcome
    • a little about us
    • let's chat?
  • Happy Snapshots
    • marriage
    • children
    • life
  • Pic Me!
    • taco tuesdays
    • brunette moments
    • everyday life
    • favorite finds
    • makin' and bakin'
  • Do You Know?
    • mormon.org
    • lds.org
    • familysearch.org
nail art
nail art
fitness
fitness
freebies
freebies
Home aria sweet little blessings just us sickies over here.

3/25/14

just us sickies over here.


Currently my thumb drive is dumb.
I have pictures from Halloween until now on it, and it claims I have to reformat it. When I do that, I will have to erase all the pictures. The ones from Halloween until now. I just wait around hoping that one day, I'll put my SD into my computer and it will magically work again. Here's to hoping, I'd really like to catch this blog up to date. But for now, I'll start with the new memory card, and "keep moving forward" (we've been watching a lot of Meet the Robinsons). 

We've been a bunch of sickies in this house lately. So it's been snuggles, chicken noodle soup, and a lot of stories. Aria's been especially fond of these books we found at the D.I. last week. Some sweet lady noticed we were looking for children's books and kindly brought us to a stack of 10 big pictured Disney books. Aria was in LOVE. She grabbed them all in her little arms, and sat down with them in the cart- grinning ear to ear. The older lady smiled and walked away. 5 minutes later, she came back and said, "My grandchildren are in Hungary, and I never get to see them. I would like to buy your children's books, please." She pushed the money into my hands, and I couldn't help but stand there in tears. Little did she know, that the night before, I had spent hours (yes, hours) debating whether or not,  I would buy a bunch of books off Amazon. While the price of those books were reasonable, shipping was too expensive. I couldn't bring myself to buy them. This lady at the D.I. was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. It may seem like a small thing, but to me it was HUGE.

Aria will sit down and touch the pages of her books, and ask me to read them to her. She soaks in the moment, and the story.

To the sweet little old lady at the D.I. that day, thank you.


Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+
Labels: aria, sweet little blessings
Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook
Share
  • Pin it
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Google+

leave a reply

1 comments:

  1. AnonymousMarch 26, 2014 at 10:07 PM

    I love that story about the little old lady. Heavenly Father always sends angels to us as well and it just makes our day extra special. I'm so happy he sent you one. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
Add comment
Load more...

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
hello blurb

Featured Posts

Search

Popular Posts

  • bAbY dImOnD and dAdDy!
    January is almost over which means we are one month closer to summer! Thank goodness. This nippy cold weather is just a pain in the kee...
  • First trip to the Movie Theater
    We met up with my parents in Salt Lake and went to see Frozen. It was Aria's first time in a movie theater, but thankfully she did grea...
  • Just a Mother
    There are only a million reasons why I love Chip and Joanna.  Their simple "put God first" mentality, is something I ap...
  • Bear Lake 2015
    My favorite part about summer? Easy. The Coburn Family Reunion. Her dream come true. Her one wish in life, is to be a me...
  • Happy Snapshot: Old Man Aria
    She accidentally dumped a bucket of dirt over her head. How she did that on accident--- I have no clue. Just look at those furry eyebro...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
  • ▼  2014 (9)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ▼  March (2)
      • Happy Snapshots
      • just us sickies over here.
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2013 (52)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2012 (87)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (50)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (5)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  February (1)

Follow me @our_dimond_life

©our Dimond life | Honeycrisp Theme | customized by MissAudreySue