Valentines Day...
K, I'm going to go on a little rant.
I get so tired of hearing people say they hate valentines day, that it's stuid, pointless, singles awareness day- blah. blah. blah.
Valentines day is a day to express our love to those that are close to us.
Those bitter beavers who don't like it-
should just stuff their pie hole with a box of chocolates
and then sleep the day off.
OR...
they can celebrate it with their family and friends- the people they love.
Their negative attitude is ridiculous.
Meh.
k. I'm done.
For us, Valentines day was so fun!
I woke up to a flower on the pillow next to me and a note of affection from the one I love.
Spenser had little corny jokes around the house, a frame of our cute mugs, cards and chocolates galore.
The day was filled with love letters, scavenger hunts, hugs, kisses, A NAP on the couch with my sweetheart {do you know how long it's been since we had one of those?? too long.}
and lots and lots and LOTS of sweets.
The night ended with heart shaped hamburgers, cupcakes, Eskimo kisses and snuggles.
It was perfect.
Sweet treat #1 Fruit pizza
Sweet Treat #2 Heart Shaped Rice Krispy {thanks Ava doll}
Sweet Treat #3 Izen man! I love nibbling on those cheeks.
My loves.
Sweet Treat #4 Cupcakes made by yours truly, and the little miss Aria and handsome Mr. Dimond
What wasn't pictured was a humungo box of chocolates, kit-kats, lindt truffles, raspberry chocolate kisses, almond kisses {thanks Bonnie!} and Peanut M&Ms.
Yes we gorged ourselves. It was delicious.









Michaela I just have to tell you I absolutely LOVE reading your blog! So great to hear about you and your sweet family and I absolutely love your new family photos! You sure are a great mommy! and reading your posts has brightened my evening!
ReplyDeletei really REALLY want to make a fruit pizza like that RIGHT NOW! it looks so freaking good!
ReplyDeletePsh... Audrey. Three words, Our Best Bites. It's "the" best cookbook, like ever. I can e-mail you the recipe if you'd like.
ReplyDeleteAlicia! You are a sweetheart. Do you have a blog? I'd love to keep up.